Dear October - Days 20 and 21

Dear October,

I'm writing this quickly, for I am halfway through analysing a text, finding out the tonic and dominant notes of key signatures and revising circle theorems. You should see my room. It's like having 3 messy classrooms in one rather small bedroom.

You know what the best bit of my day is? The bit where you come home and take you bag off. You know you have a pile of homework, but you know that it will still be there in 10 minutes. So you stop and boil the kettle. You put your favourite teabag in your favourite cup. You reflect on your day. The funny bits. Then you make your tea and sit down. And you breathe for the first time in what seems like hours. Ah. Isn't that nice?

I'm looking out my window and I can see a flurry of different colours, from green to red to orange. It's vaguely comforting. I am sat on my laptop, on my bad, I hasten to add. In my pyjamas, listening to music. And although you know you have to do your homework, it makes the prospect of it ever so slightly more positive. Like you know that you will get through it and everything will be ok, maybe not right then, but close in the future.

So October, I am sorry that these past few days have been a series of events that have kept my on my feet and out of my nice, warm bed. But it will be worth it. I promise.

Stay happy,
Katie xx

No comments :

Post a Comment