Dear October - Day 6

Dear October,

Seriously, stop with the mood swings. You have rained constantly today. And although I am very aware that I live in England and it is expected, it has come all to quickly.

I got home and my hand was so numb that stirring a cup of tea was a task that took longer than usual. However, I am in my favourite jumper, writing, whilst I can smell homemade pie and roast potatoes in the oven at my Granny and Grandpa's house. I can't complain.

Although I say I can't complain, there is something about rain that gets me down. It might be that I woke up this morning at the usual time but it was dark and I could hear the wind outside, battering my windows so badly that the vents sounded like ghosts, haunting and taunting me because I had to get up and go to school. Today's catchphrase quickly became "what fresh hell is this?". It has been a long day!

But to be honest, it wasn't the worst day ever. My friends were still with me, my teachers weren't any worse than normal (just saying that I love most of my teachers) and my lessons were satisfactory. Not good but not bad.

But October, this has nothing to do with you. This is to do with me. So October, I have made it my job to make this more about you. So I am sorry October. I love you lots because you listen to me. I cannot say that for a lot of people. So thank you.

Stay happy,
Katie x

No comments :

Post a Comment