Dear October - Day 24

Dear October,

With Halloween just around the corner (7 days exactly), everyone is talking about what they are going to where to the party, whether you want to come trick or treating and whether you are free on Halloween for a sleepover.

This year, I'm not taking part in Halloween with my friends, because I am sailing. We will probably decorate the boat up with pumpkins and things like that, but I think it will be nice to take a step back from the madness of the festivities of Halloween and all the hoo-ha that goes along with it.

I like this photo because it explains everything very well.

As much as I have tried to prevent myself, I am very much looking forward to Christmas. I am not wishing for it, because then I would be a hypocrite. If you haven't read that post yet, click here.

I look forward to, not only the day itself, but the things building up to it. School carol concerts (my favourite school event of the year), Christmas lights (that go up today in our town), Christmas shopping and Christmas songs.

But, as I said, I cannot wish for it, because with it, I am also wishing for mock exams, 3 terms of school left and Christmas presents which are probably going to be a multitude of revision books (they probably won't be because my family know that I would sell them to buy something I actually wanted, like Pentatonix tickets...)

But anyway, I will be putting some exciting recipes and other bits for Halloween up in the next week, so don't miss them!

Stay happy,
Katie xx

No comments :

Post a Comment