Dear October - Day 18

Dear October,

For the first time this month, I was able to enjoy an autumn day without hauling a rucksack around with me. I went for a lovely walk and I was able to see the crisp autumn leaves on the floor and the trees that are changing colour from a deep green to a bright, vibrant red or orange.

The air was cold but I was hot. I walked for about 8/9 miles. Up hills, running back down them. Stopping for a photo or to eat an ice cream that wouldn't melt because it was cold enough to stay in the position is was put in.

I was able to look at the Sunday market, weaving my way through old clothes and new paintings, seeing people who I had never seen before, and very few that I did know, which sometimes is good. It means you can fully clear your brain, leaving it open to new ideas and new adventures.

I love fresh air. I don't get it where I live, October, so going away to a place where you cannot hear cars on the motorway or a passing train on the tracks is nice at times. However, I do love living in a town because of the buzz that there is. Being able to have the freedom of going out without the worry of getting lost.

You could argue that getting lost is the best bit, though. Because it means you are exploring somewhere you may not have gone to otherwise. That's why I like travelling. It means I can see places that I don't see when I'm sat at home at my desk, writing to you. I'm not saying that writing is bad, because I adore it. But I would like to see the world, and maybe even take you with me.

Stay happy,
Katie xx


No comments :

Post a Comment