I'm Magnetised...

On the 4th November, Anna (who runs A Fabulous Feminist), Maisie and I went to Brighton to watch Tom Odell in concert. I can well and truly say that words can not express how much I enjoyed that Friday night. The music was amazing, the company was fabulous and altogether the experience was incredible.



Once we got to the venue (after problems with buses, a bit of traffic and a quick stop off at McDonalds), we got straight in and went to the merchandise store, where all three of us bought the same t-shirt and within minutes, we were wearing them and looking fabulous.



There were two support acts that were both pretty incredible. Firstly, there was Johnny Lloyd, who was amazing and sang some really good songs. After, on came Rag'n'Bone Man. He started his set off with an acapella verse, using low notes and this just made it so atmospheric. I loved it and he is now on my playlists on Spotify because of it.



Then was the most exciting part. Although he was 20 minutes late, due to his drummer dislocating his shoulder and the drum technician having to do his first gig and sight read the music, he started and ended in the most incredible fashion. An hour and a half of Tom Odell is never a bad thing, but live was just the best.



One of the best bits for me was the fact that I didn't feel like I was going to panic once. I felt so good throughout and for me that is an achievement, especially since this is my first concert without a parent being close to hand.

Altogether, it was a pretty fabulous night and I would urge you all to see Tom Odell live whenever and where ever you can.

Stay happy,
Katie xx

No comments :

Post a Comment