Summer Makeup Routine

Here is another generic beauty blogger's post. However, I quite enjoy writing them and I hope you enjoy reading them! Enjoy my summer make-up routine!

In summer, I don't like to have heavy make-up, so usually, I won't use any foundation and I rarely use a BB cream. I will moisturise (usually using a moisturiser with an SPF or use suncream as well, as it is quite hot and I am going away to hot places, so I will do this anyway).

I will then go straight in with concealer. I use a mixture of Soap and Glory Kick-Ass concealer and Collection Lasting Perfection, as this gives me the coverage I need for both under my eyes and any blemishes or scarring.

                           

I will then do my eyebrows. I use three products for my brows, as I like them to be nice and not too blocky, but a prominent part of the make-up look. I use my Clinique quad, which I believe is in the shade Pink Chocolate, and is the dark brown on the palette. I will then use my Rimmel Professional Eye Brow Pencil in Black Brown, which I then use to line the inner end of the brows, closest to my nose. I then set them in place with the Rimmel Brow The Way Gel in Mid-Brown.




















I then do my eyeshadow. I use my Make-Up Revolution Palette called 'What You Waiting For?'. I usually go for the pinky shades or gold shades. My most used shades are 'Take a Chance' 'Now It's Only Me', which are both shimmery pink shades.




















I then go onto my cheeks. I like a very bronzed look, so I use the Collection Bronze Glow Matte in Terracotta on my cheeks and my temples. I then use my Babylips Balm and Blush in Flirty Pink. I really love this product, even though I was cautious, to begin with, but it really works when it has been blended in! Then, on the tops of my cheekbones, I will use my Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter, which is such a good buy. It is so cheap and so pigmented and lasts so long!




















I then use my Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof mascara, which, as I have mentioned before, is my absolute favourite mascara. I trust it so much and unless something amazing happens, it won't be leaving my makeup bag anytime soon.




















Then, I will wear a nude lipstick, which is either my Rimmel Naughty Nude or It's A Keeper, which are two amazing nude shades, one slightly more shimmery than the other. I rely on these so much, because they can dress us any look immediately.




















I hope you enjoyed this! Here is the final look:



Enjoy this little time lapse of me doing my makeup feat. my IPod falling off the desk!



What are your favourite makeup items?

Stay happy,
Katie

P.s. I am part of a new blog, Through Our Eyes, which has started running now! Take a look HERE!

No comments :

Post a Comment