How To Get Through Missing Your Friends During The Summer Break

That is a bit of a long title, isn't it? But it tells you exactly what I am going to explain in today's post. During summer, you may go away, your friends might go away, you may just be busy and forget to meet up. But at some point, you realise you miss them. Because I finished school so early this year, I have found that ads a lot of my friends have gone on holiday for long amounts of time while everyone else is still at school, leaving me behind to wait for my sister to finish school.

As I sit here, I have one or two friends who are away in America and I have come to miss them a lot. After spending so much time with them during school and after school ended in the week up to prom, when they suddenly disappear, you lose all sense of bearings and wonder what to do next.

I have a few ways of getting through these problems. They are simple and work in many situations. I have also used these for people at school that I miss, for example those few teachers that you miss even though you vowed that once you left school, you would never look back. You learn, in many cases, it isn't that easy. Here are my tips...


  • Hang up your pictures! It is such an easy way to 1) make your room look nice and decorated and 2) let you see the memories you want to in snippets on your wall, so you can see them whenever and wherever you are in your room! Get a cute frame, as big or as small as you want and put your favourite photos in! Simple and easy, yet cute and memorable!


  • Get a picture board. They don't cost a lot to buy, or you could make one yourself using some material, string and cardboard. There are plenty of tutorials on Pinterest that you can easily follow. Once you have one, pin it on your wall and slip as many photos as you want to into it! It is cute and means you can arrange the photos in whichever way you decide! You can also put letters in there, notes and other bits and pieces that you want to remember!
  • Get a book and get your friends and teachers to write in it. Little notes mean the most because they are heartfelt. I have a book that you can put the name of the person, a space for them to write their message and put any contact details they want to write in, which is helpful if they/you don't have social media. I read these every now and again and it gets me slightly emotional but also lets me remember all of the good memories that I had with that person. So simple and yet so lovely!
  • This may seem like an obvious one to some, but message them! I'm sure they would love to hear from you! Organise things for the future so, if you go to different schools/colleges/universities, you have things to look forward to wear you know you are going to see them. This prevents losing touch and also means you can look forward to things that are going to happen! The best thing to do is to go and have some time shopping or having a coffee or going to a park and having a picnic. Movies are great but you don't talk during them, so you don't get to say as much as you may want to if you were together. Me and my friends use Skype or FaceTime to speak to each other if we are away because then it is like being together, even if you are either sides of the Earth!

  • Scrapbook. Scrapbook. Scrapbook. I cannot recommend scrapbooking more. I enjoy it because it is relaxing, but then when you are having a moment where you are missing them, you can look through your scrapbook and look at your memories. It is a cute way to remember people but also it is creative and you can put your heart and soul into designing it in whatever way you wish to! I am going to do a scrapbook post soon, so stay tuned!
I hope these are helpful! They work for me and hopefully they will work or you as well!

Stay happy,
Katie xx

Read my June Sum-Up!

No comments :

Post a Comment