Italy

Italy is an amazing place. I visited it last week with my family and a few family friends and it reminded me that some of the happiest times were spent there.

The plane journey there was okay. There was some turbulence and at one point we dropped about 1 metre because of the cloud. I have problems with flying. I love it but it also scares me more than you can possibly imagine. It's a love hate relationship!

We spent 4 days in a small hill town called Cortona, which is my favourite place in the world. The town is always buzzing but not too busy. There is great food and all of the people there speak both Italian and English, which is good, because I do not have a large knowledge of the Italian language!

You can get a three ball ice cream there for £2.00. That is less than a tub of new forest ice cream or the equal depending where you are!


After the 4 days, we drove to back to Rome, where we had flown to, and spent an evening and a day there. It wasn't really enough, but it was very tiring!

We went to the Vatican City and saw the Pope! It was amazing and for many, very emotional. We also visited the Colosseum and a lot of churches!

As I said, Italy is an amazing place because it is peaceful. You feel like there is nothing to worry about in Italy (Cortona more than Rome, because Rome is full of pick pocketers). I could spend many more happy days there, and I hope I do, because right now, I am missing it. It has only been 3 days!

Stay happy,
Katie x

No comments :

Post a Comment