Dear September...

Dear September,

You seem to have come very quickly. Almost too quickly, perhaps. It was like I blinked and suddenly I am not a little girl in a primary school uniform anymore. I am nearly 16 and deciding where I want to take my life. 12 years ago and I would have just started reception class, without any knowledge of the massive journey that it would take me on. The friends I would make, the experiences that I would have the opportunity to grab with both hands and hug like a giant teddy bear.
 But here we are, 12 years later, and my life is taking a path that I never thought it would take me. I have the best friends a girl could ever wish for, an amazing, supportive family and a caring school that I look forward to going too everyday.
 You have taken me far and wide, September, yet we all seem to rush through you, as we go back to school, college, university, work. You are a loud month, September. My brain is rushing with new ideas, lists, lessons, music and the lack of sleep I get.
 Why do you do this to me September. You go cold on me, stormy, even. It's like you are paying me back for all the fun I have with family and friends over the six weeks of holiday I get during the summer months. And now we are back. Back to where we were. Overdue work, bags so heavy, your back hurts at the end of the day, more than you could possibly imagine, piles and piles of books to read and revise from. Coursework, compositions, classes. Where did all the fun go? It must have blown away with the angry winds that come with this month, because I didn't get to say goodbye, and now I miss it.
  One more year September. This time next year, I will be at college, making another step towards the looming future that is the dark shadow beyond the light. But until then, September, lets focus on what is really important. Now. Let's focus on the good things that happen, the bad things that happen and the challenges that we have been set.

Until next time September,
Stay happy,
Katie x

No comments :

Post a Comment