Let The Small Things Make You Smile

Although I am totally contradicting my self by saying this - considering that, in a past post, I said how I don't see quotes as very motivational- I now like quotes a lot. I am starting to do the things that I used to enjoy, and then got covered up by one thing or another.

Recently, I have read quite a few posts that have really touched me. Examples include my friend Jemima Elliott of 'Another Ranting Reader'. (Hey Jemimi, if you are ready my, frankly rather crappy, post!)
Here post was all about accepting yourself and it definitely hit home that, actually, as much as I act confident (sometimes rather over confident), I am not the most confident person, and I get nervous at the most stupid things.

For example, I ask myself each morning before I go downstairs:
1) Do I look okay?
2) Will everyone be okay with how I look?
3) Will I get told that I don't look good?

IT NEEDS TO STOP!
I can't go on like this. It really annoys me!
But it is proof that I am not sure whether people fully accept me for who I am. I love quotes, and recently I gave in to the screaming gaggle of friends who shouted "GET TUMBLR!". I love finding quotes on it and other peoples life stories. It makes me happy to know that others are happy with who they are. But I have not get given my own self closure on whether I am happy with myself and how people see me.

I will never be confident in a way that makes me cocky. I hate those kind of people.

So here is a quote that sums up everything I just said in the minimum amount of words possible.


So do what you feel is right, because 99.9% of the time, it is the right decision.

Keep happy,
Katie

--------------------------------------------

I have taken a while to post this because I didn't know whether to. It was a tough decision but I now feel relieved that others know what I fell like on a day to day scheme. Obviously, not a lot of people read this, but I still feel like I have let something go.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say :)


1 comment :

  1. Glad you liked my post! You know that I agree with you completely.

    Jemima x

    ReplyDelete