Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit

"Here is the generic beauty and lifestyle blogger, back at it again with an all-time classic that no one has ever thought of before", I hear you say. Well, here I am, and due to the fact that I have no ideas at the moment due to an overload of the brain, I thought I would do a drugstore makeup starter kit. These are makeup products that are widely available and cheap compared to high-end, so those who don't want to spend a lot, can get the basics Here we go!

Firstly, we need a base. If you are starting out with makeup, you may not want to use something very heavy, so I use a BB cream from Rimmel, as it has good coverage but not too much to take over your face because a lot of people don't want to have a massive face change in a day.
Rimmel BB Cream 9 in 1 with SPF 25 - £6.99



Secondly, we need some concealer. I have two favourites which are inexpensive and cover anything you don't want to be seen on your face, from spots to undereye bags. Firstly, the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. This concealer is the best I have tried. It stays where you want it to be for a long time and is just my absolute favourite. Also, the Soap and Glory Kick-Ass Concealer Blur and Brighten Crayon is brilliant for undereye bags. It covers them up so well.
Soap and Glory Kick-Ass Concealer Blur and Brighten Crayon - £6.00
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - £4.19



Next, blusher and bronzer. Now, I am not the one for expensive bronzers and blushers because I don't use them enough, but I have recently invested in a better bronzer for summer. However, these examples are cheap and when you are starting out, they are exactly what you need. These are Boots' own brand, Natural Collection. When I started with makeup, they were the right price and just what I needed to get my head around what to do with everything! The Natural Collection bronzer in Sun Shine. It is a good bronzer with good pigmentation, brilliant for starter contouring. This goes with the blusher in Pink Cloud, which is a cute pinky shade.
Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks in Pink Clouds - £1.99
Natural Collection Suntint Bronzing Powder in Sun Shine - £1.99


Now onto eyes. Eyeshadow has been something I have worn since a young age and has always made me feel very confident for some reason. This palette is all the eye shadows you will need forever! It is from Makeup Revolution and has 18 shades. It is the palette named 'What you waiting for?' and it is the best for eyeshadow, and the darker shades are good if you want to fill in your eyebrows as well.
Makeup Revolution Palette in 'What you waiting for?' - £4.00


If you are looking for an eyeliner to add to your collection, this Collection 24 hour Extreme eyeliner pen is the best for people who are starting out. I have this because I don't wear eyeliner but keep wanting to try to pull it off!
Collection 24 Hour Extreme Felt Tip Black - £2.99


Mascara was makeup product that started my addiction. I have worn it since the age of 11 or something silly like that and it is my staple makeup product. Maybelline Lash Sensational is the one that I come back to every time. It is the closest you will get from a high-end mascara, but with half the cost included!
Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara - £7.99


Lips are a hard one because everyone likes different things. I have a few examples for those who want to try different things. Firstly, lip crayons are the best for those who want a subtle lip but still want to be seen as wearing something. Collection Lip Butter in Vintage Rose is my favourite subtle nude lip. It is such a nice colour and this is my go to for a lip that I don't want to look too dressed up for if you see what I mean! If you are looking for a gloss, the Seventeen Lip Lustres are so good. The colours are perfect and they are moisturising, if not slightly sticky (we can get over that, though). I have one in Talk That Talk, another beautiful nude (are you sensing a theme.) If you want a lipstick, the Rimmel The Only One Lipstick in Naughty Nude is so pretty because it is slightly darker than a nude so it is so nice for everyday use. I love these, but if you are wanting a bolder colour, go for an orange, like this Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in the shade 'In Love With Ginger. I love this because it is so bold!
Collection Lip Butter in Vintage Rose - £2.99
Seventeen Lip Lustre in Talk That Talk - £3.99
Rimmel The Only One Lipstick in Naughty Nude - £6.99
Rimmel Moisture Renew in In Love With Ginger - £6.49





And, if you want to push the boat out and get a bag for your drugstore makeup, I recommend Boots Travel Cosmetic Purse. I have one like this but in a different design. Also, the Zoella makeup bags are so pretty, I highly recommend a look!
Boots Travel Cosmetic Purse - £5.00
Zoella Makeup Bags - £6.00 to £15.00



I also recommend the Collection Speedy Highlighter Stick in Pearl, if you want to use a highlighter! I highly recommend it!
Collection Speedy Highlighter in Pearl - £3.99


I hope you enjoyed this! It took longer than I thought to write and take photos and things like that, but I enjoy writing things like this and I hope you enjoy reading them.

Stay happy,
Katie xx

No comments :

Post a Comment