New Found Appreciation

Have you ever had to do anything that makes you appreciate something more than you ever did before. In the past year or two, I have started some things more than I used to. It wasn't that I didn't already appreciate them, but it has just grown on me.

1. Remembrance day
I though I would start with this one because Remembrance Sunday is tomorrow. Over the past few years, I ave appreciated why we are thanking those who have fought for us. I heard something the other day that made me think about it. This person said "On Remembrance Sunday, I sit next to people in the forces who do not know my name but they are still fighting for my life." That is so true, for all of us, and some people forget that and they shouldn't.

2. Cancer charities and cancer sufferers
Since my Grandad died, I have respected cancer sufferers, survivors and fighters a lot more. They are going through an ordeal that me and you may not be able to comprehend, but they do it everyday and because of that, I respect you.

3. Teachers
This is a weird one. Recently, since becoming the oldest in the school, I have realised how much teachers do for us. They take their time to mark all of our work, go over things that they already know, to teach us and they do more than just teach us in school. They take time out of their schedule to help us after school, with extra curricular activities and parents evenings etc. They are amazing and I appreciate it.

Stay happy,
Katie xx

No comments :

Post a Comment