Kim Kardashian | An Opinion

It seems to be something that lots of people joke about and talk about. There is always an opinion and I think that I want to put my opinion in the mix. This opinion is on how I feel about this and I haven't been persuaded to change it by anyone.

Recently, a photo was posted on Kim Kardashian's Instagram which looked a bit like this:


Many people have criticised this photo because she isn't wearing anything, she isn't being the role model she is meant to be etc. I think this is wrong. In my opinion, this shouldn't be criticised. I don't see a problem with it. It is her choice and to be honest, it was brave of her to post it. However, this leads on to the whole feminism issue. And yes, it is an issue.

Liam Payne posted a similar photo onto Instagram, which looked like this:


Now, there was no criticism on this photo, was there. No, because when a man shows his body, he gets comments like "why did you blur it?" and "Ooh cheeky", whereas girls show their body and they get comments like "Wow, what a role model. Not" and "Get some clothes on".

Why is society like this? Why do girls get told to hide their bodies and men can show as much or little as they want? It is not right.



I think that organisations like Free The Nipple are absolutely amazing because they are showing awareness of this factor and I support that.

What are your thoughts?

Stay happy,
Katie xx

No comments :

Post a Comment