October Sum-Up

As Holloween turns to Christmas (well, kind of), I conclude that this month has been pretty damn fabulous in the grand scheme of things. I have got a job, settled into college, been to London, been to Wales and even had a couple of parties. What a life I lead.

Most inspirational part?
To me, the most inspirational parts of my month have been completely different ends of the spectrum. If you read my latest post on Through Our Eyes, you will know that I recently watched my dad perform along with several other male voice choirs in the Royal Albert Hall. To me, that was just the most amazing thing. A whole group of people, spreading from North Wales to Hong Kong to Boston to London, all coming together to sing and celebrate music. It was an emotional night and one that inspired me along with many others that night. 
On the other end of the spectrum, when I went to Wales, I visited the Aberfan memorial and got to see the graves of the 144 people who died on such a tragic day. I had seen a lot on tv, but it doesn't even begin to compare to actually being there and seeing the memorial, built on what used to be the school building and seeing all the marbled graves on the top of the hill. Again, it was emotional, but in a different sense.



The place you enjoyed the most?
Although I had my moments, London was the place I enjoyed most this month. I love the atmosphere of it, especially at this time of year and it also, it is so photogenic. I think it is because so many of the buildings are light colours. I don't know, I just enjoyed it a lot.





What lessons have you learnt this month?
That talking to someone about a problem will make you feel 100 times lighter.



Anything exciting coming up?
Lots of things are happening this month! On Friday 4th I am going to see Tom Odell with Maisie and Anna! On the 5th I am celebrating my Grandad's birthday, where he would have been 90. Lots of school things are happening and lots of birthday celebrations for various people! Also, lots of pictures of leaves will be happening!



Stay happy,
Katie xx





No comments :

Post a Comment